Winter Break Motivation Tips
Children may find it hard to get back into the school routine after the lengthy winter break. Keeping a child motivated during a holiday break is very important. It is crucial that you plan ahead for lengthy school breaks so that television and video games are not the only options. Here are some excellent ways that you can keep your children motivated the next time school is closed for an extended period of time.
- Outdoor activities are a great way to keep your kids active during time off, even in the winter. Regular exercise and fresh air will help to keep your child motivated and well balanced. Participating in activities that can’t always be done when school is in session are great choices.
- Creating and following a schedule is an important ingredient to a successful motivation strategy. For example, scheduling and enforcing reading time will help keep your child focused and work on responsibility skills.
- Setting goals and rewarding achievements. Set small goals that are achievable and reward your children for hitting these goals throughout their vacation. This proven technique will keep your child focused and motivated.
- Visiting the library is another great option during a break. Visits to the library work extremely well with those children that love reading. Family reading time is also a great way to share your childs passion for reading.
- Working on homework assignments are definitely a motivator. Many times teachers do not give assignments before long vacations but it does not hurt to look back and work on anything that your child struggled with in the previous semester or work ahead so that your child is better prepared when school re-opens.
By mixing planned activities along with plenty of free time, your child will have lots to do and be sure to stay motivated during their winter break. If you would like A+ Tutoring Service’s to help motivate your children during the winter break contact us today. Our private tutors will come to your home and work around your busy holiday schedule!